The Music programme incorporates:
- developing awareness and appreciation for music of various cultures
- developing abilities for creative expression through music-making
- providing the basis to develop an informed and life-long involvement in music
For Primary 1 to Primary 3, the Music curriculum revolves around “experience”, “concept” and “application”. From Primary 4, musical concepts are taught in greater depth to achieve the outcomes of a student-centric music curriculum through instrumental playing and listening and responding to music. We adopt a holistic approach in enriching the pupils aesthetically by bringing the necessary musical experiences into our classrooms.
The Visual Art programme incorporates:
- expressing ideas, feelings and experiences in visual and tactile forms
- fostering sensitivity towards, and enjoyment and appreciation of, the visual arts
- developing the skills and techniques necessary for creative expression and individuality
For Primary 1 to Primary 3, the visual art curriculum focuses on the hands-on, experiential aspects where they get to ‘play’ and ‘explore’ different art media and art elements. For Primary 4 to Primary 6, students are ready to progress deeper in various art forms/media. The curriculum aims to ensure continuity in achieving the key learning outcomes of “seeing”, “expressing” and “appreciating”.