Teachers in Charge
Mondays - 02:15pm to 04:15pm
ACS(P) Music Room (Level 4)
During choir sessions at ACS(P), we seek to develop a passion for music-making through singing. The objectives of the Choir are to train members to sing in unison as well as in parts, to enable them to use correct vocal techniques when singing in a group and to promote choral singing through either public or school-based concerts. The Choir strives to provide enjoyment to the audience with their repertoire. The members of the Choir are given opportunities to perform repertoires in school-based events such as the Arts Fest Kaleidoscope and Founder’s Day.
The Choir members have also been involved in projects such as the collaboration among ACS (Barker Rd) and ACS Junior Choir groups as well as the ‘Voices of Singapore Festival’ performance at CHIJMES. This is made possible by the able guidance provided by the Choral Director, Mr Phua Ee Kia, who ensures that the members enjoy the presentation of the Arts while working towards nurturing good musicianship, bringing meaningful choir experiences to all the members.
- Singapore Youth Festival Arts Presentation for Choir (Primary School Level) (2016) Certificate Of Accomplishment
- Singapore Youth Festival Arts Presentation for Choir (Primary School Level) (2018) Certificate Of Distinction
- International Choral Festival Choir Performance (2019)
- Singapore Youth Festival Arts Presentation for Choir (Primary School Level) (2022)
- ACS Golf Challenge (2014)
- Combined Choir Concert (ACS Independent and ACS (BR) (2014)
- National Day Performance (SG50) - Moulmein-Kallang GRC (2015)
- Methodist Get-together (2015)