Character and Citizenship Education
The Character and Citizenship Education (CCE) department’s vision is to nurture each pupil into an i HOPEFUL ACSian; an Active Citizen. We do this in line with MOE’s initiative of Student-Centric, Values-Driven education to inculcate the i HOPEFUL values in our pupils. The values form the foundation for character-building and provide a compass for desired behaviour. The CCE department seeks to develop the pupil in the affective and social domains of the ACSP brand of education. CCE teaches our pupils the skills, knowledge and dispositions that enable them to manage self and relationships effectively while making responsible decisions. Pupils are also taught skills related to citizenship that enable them to function effectively as active citizens who stay rooted to Singapore.
Through the affective and social programmes, we hope that they will achieve the eight CCE learning outcomes to become good individuals and active citizens of Singapore through different platforms. The first four learning outcomes depict the different aspects of character-building that are interrelated and feature social-emotional competencies. The next four learning outcomes are guided by the key tenets of 21st Century citizenship and are arranged according to the attributes of citizenship.
ACS(P) CCE Framework
Our CCE Curriculum:
Our CCE curriculum includes all learning experiences planned with the aim of nurturing our pupils’ character, equipping them with attributes of the Traits of an ACSian and developing them to be responsible citizens.
CCE Learning Outcomes
- develop self-awareness and self-management skills to achieve personal well-being and effectiveness.
- apply moral reasoning, display responsibility in decision-making, and demonstrate integrity to stand by moral principles and shared values.
- develop social awareness and demonstrate interpersonal skills to build and maintain positive relationships.
- demonstrate resilience in the face of individual, community and national challenges, and develop the ability to turn challenges to opportunities.
- appreciate our national identity, develop a sense of belonging to Singapore, and demonstrate commitment to the well-being, security and defence of the nation.
- demonstrate socio-cultural sensitivity and promote social cohesion and harmony in Singapore as a multi-cultural society.
- demonstrate care for others and contribute actively towards improving the lives of others to build a bright future for ourselves and to progress together as a nation.
- demonstrate the ability to reflect on and respond to community, national and global issues, and to make informed and responsible decisions as a citizen.